With the release and excitement about the supposed prequel to Alien, Prometheus has left many bewildered as to the events that happen in the movie. The universe seems to be the same, but the planet does not. Meaning the encounter and the events from Prometheus don’t necessarily match up with the events that happened in the 1979 hit Alien. See ten reasons to support this…
1) The planet that Prometheus lands on actually isn’t a planet, but a moon LV-223
2) The “PLANET” the Nostromo lands on from the movie Alien, is actually LV-425
3) The Space Jockey in Alien has a blown out chest cavity, the Space Jockey in Prometheus leaves his station to go after Shaw.
4) There are no signs of any pieces of Prometheus in the wreckage on site when The Nostromo lands.
5) In the same control center where David the android awakens the Humanoid Engineer in Prometheus, the crew of The Nostromo from Alien does not encounter those sleep pod chambers.
6) The escape pod where Dr. Shaw is attacked by the Humanoid Engineer is not seen an Alien.
7) The Nostromo crew easily find the Space Jockey, but don’t see the room with the large monolithic head on the wall.
8) The Humanoid spaceship encountered in Alien does not have a huge exploded whole anywhere on it (where Prometheus hits it) when seen by the crew of the Nostromo.
9) Damon Lindelof was hired to re write what was to be a direct prequel to Prometheus.
10) Damon Lindelof got “LOST” in space.